The File Menu
The file menu has eight commands on it.
- Pause pauses the current subword scan (at the Word
Stage) or anagram search (at the Search Stage).
It does the same function as the
- Continue continues the subword or anagram search after it has
been paused using the Pause command. Changing to an earlier stage also releases
the Pause. This command does the same function as the
- Abort Search causes the anagram search to wind up very quickly.
This will usually result in the loss of almost all the anagrams that could have
been found from this point on. It is occasionally useful if you wish to get to
the Weed Stage quickly.
- Print Setup... is the standard Window command which enables you
to configure the current printer. This command is duplicated on the Print
- Options... brings up a dialog which enables you to set and change
a variety of permanent settings relating to the operation of Anagram
Genius. This function is duplicated by the
toolbar button and is described in more detail in the Options
Dialog help topic.
- Email report... sends out the current report by email to your
friends. It will open your mail client enabling you to select recipients and/or
edit the message before sending. This function is duplicated by the
toolbar command. More information about reports is contained in the Reports
- Copy report copies the current report to the clipboard enabling
it to be pasted into other documents edited by other applications. To paste the
report use Ctrl-V in the application you want to use the report (or the Paste
command which is usually located under the Edit menu). This function is duplicated
toolbar command. For more information see the help topic Reports.
- Exit quits Anagram Genius
and closes the application down. Anagram Genius
automatically saves your weeded anagrams and all the changes you make to the
subwords. This automatic saving happens whenever you exit the application, change
subject or in any case every 30 seconds if changes have been made. This means
that even if your computer crashes you should never lose more than 30 seconds
work and then you can get back to where you were simply by starting up Anagram
Genius and typing the same subject text in again. Because of this
automatic saving, Anagram Genius will always
exit immediately and never prompt you to save.